Monday, May 31, 2010

A Magic Moment - customer, gallery, and artist connect!

It happened last Saturday.  A semi-regular customer came into the gallery.  M.R. was checking out the latest wearable art offerings rather leisurely when her hand rested upon a chrome and black peluche wrap by Laura Lawrence.  M.R. has the most amazing head of silver, straight, thick, wonderful hair.  The wrap would look amazing on her.


Laura's wraps come to life when worn on the body.  The hanger just doesn't cut it.  So, I took it off the hanger and wrapped it around my own body to show M.R. the variety of ways it can be worn, and to show her how beautifully it moves on the body.  She was intrigued and mesmerized by its beauty.


Off comes her coat.  Her purse gets absent-mindedly placed on the floor.  And she wraps herself in the soft and gentle beauty and takes a look in the mirror.  Yep.  It looked like it had been made especially with her in mind.  She has fun playing with all the ways it can be worn.  Open in the front with lapels.  One side draped across the front.  Both ends captured across the shoulders.  And so on.


As you can now imagine, it went home with her.  She was so very pleased with it that a thank you needed to be delivered to the artist.  Here's a bit of what she said: "Yesterday I purchased one of your beautiful Double Peluche Capes in Edmonds, WA from Manya Vee Selects.  The moment I saw it I "bonded" and knew that I had created an intention at some previous moment in time to have a "made for me" work of wearable art. My cape is chrome and black and compliments and enhances my long silver [chrome?] hair- a big consideration when buying clothing! The other part of this story is that I had JUST picked up a custom ring which I had spent weeks/months designing and refining with the jewelers. Some how this all fits together- maybe a sign about how very important our creative contributions are to the world. Thank you so very much for your generous, lovely art. I LOVE my new cape and will think of the love that helped create it as I wear it with the memories already created!"


Laura was totally blown away by receiving such heart-felt gratitude about something she had created with her own hands.  She responded thusly:  "What a lovely surprise to receive your email--thank you so much for writing! As someone who has gone "natural" with my hair color, I certainly can relate to what you said regarding the silver [chrome]. I must say how pleased I have been with the silver with black accents. I hope you enjoy many hours of feeling hugged in it.  Thank you again for taking the time to write me."


And now, the shared moments of beauty will happen with M.R. as she wears her lovely wearable art!  She will be one of those bringing a smile and a sense of awe about the amazing beauty of creativity and excellent craftsmanship each time she wears it.  How cool is that?!?!?!?


Manya
manyaveeselects.com

No comments:

Post a Comment