Sunday, June 6, 2010

Three Masks

Yes, I confess: It's true.  Novel writing - in the form of my new A Jade Coffeehouse; or playwrighting - in the form of my new A Dropped Stitch, going up in October; how are they constructed?  Usually via the process of sitting for months in utter agony, dreaming, always dreaming, waiting for the Muse to give me the power to wield words once more.  How do I spend the hours 'tween times?  Well, crafting ditties such as these...

Three-fold Masks Have I Worn
One, all the lands to see
Another have my lovers' born(e)
The last, serves sole for me.

Ah, but what joy, one to wear!
And one alone for all times
All places, all spaces where
In all variant of climes.

Ne'er more pretend, to fib,
To ride a pompous gust of heat
Or chill. To trim my sail, my jib,
To soothe a pfuffle eased.

Begone smooth face perfected
'Twout chip nor mar to see!
Too, smooth tongue affected
Honey dripped unceasing sweet.

Nay more! Just me, 'tis just me
You mark now, spotted and maul'd
Yet, burden'd light as can be.
For, one mask is no mask at all.

Jeff
newclassicstheatre.org

No comments:

Post a Comment